The website www.bogner.com and the online shop integrated in the website (collectively the “website”) are operated by Bogner Direct LLC, United States (hereinafter “BOGNER” or “we”). BOGNER attaches great importance to the protection of your personal information and collects, processes, uses and shares your personal information exclusively in accordance with the principles described below and in compliance with applicable data privacy laws.
To help BOGNER achieve the goal of providing the highest quality products and services, we use information from our interactions with you and other customers, as well as from other parties. Except as stated below, none of this information is shared with outside parties other than companies we employ to perform functions on our behalf, to which limited data is given as is necessary in order to complete a shopping transaction or to maintain our relationship with you.
In order to deliver an excellent customer experience to you, it is necessary to better understand your customer behavior and wishes. Therefore, we collect different categories of information directly from you as a consumer and/or indirectly (from third parties). The sections below summarize the personal information we collect, how we collect it, how it we use it, and how we share it.
2.1 Identifying and contact information such as your name, email, address, phone number and phone call records
- Source of information: Directly from you when you create an account with us, buy products from us, interact with our customer service department, use our online contact form, visit our retail stores, return products, submit products for repair, sign up for our emails, sign up to receive our catalogs, sign up for our store events or apply for a job at BOGNER
- Purpose for collection: To improve your brand and purchasing experience by providing you appropriate product options and content; to complete your purchase transactions; to process, fulfill and deliver product orders; to provide customer service to you; to communicate with you regarding your orders and requests; to notify you of product recalls or provide other information concerning products you have purchased; to send you marketing materials, catalogs and other offers; to improve our business intelligence; to improve and personalize our website and services and to process any job applications you may submit
- Third parties to whom disclosed: Service providers for services related to order processing and management, logistics, payment processing, shipping, customer relationship management, data accuracy, fraud detection and security, web and mobile development, email marketing and advertising and human resources information management
2.2 Commercial information such as payment methods and related data and purchasing history or tendencies
- Source of information: Directly from you when you buy products from us, return products or submit products for repair
- Purpose for collection: To improve your brand and purchasing experience by providing you appropriate product options and content; to complete your purchase transactions and to provide customer service to you in the fulfilment of orders, returns or repairs
- Third parties to whom disclosed: Service providers for services related to order processing and management, logistics, payment processing, customer relationship management, data accuracy, fraud detection and security, web and mobile development as well as email marketing and advertising
2.3 Technical and Internet activity information, such as your IP address, device type, browsing history, search history, interactions with our website and online advertisements, and user-generated/submitted content
- Source of information: Your browser or device when you visit our website or engage with our online advertisements, or when you buy or return products from us, submit them for repair, or post or submit content or comment on our social media accounts
- Purpose for collection: To improve your brand and purchasing experience by providing you appropriate product options and content based on your history with us; to improve and personalize our website and services; to improve our business intelligence; and to compile relevant statistics regarding our website (e.g., number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed)
- Third parties to whom disclosed: Service providers for services related to web and mobile development, email marketing and advertising as well as order processing and management
2.4 Geolocation information
- Source of information: Your browser or device when you visit our website
- Purpose for collection: To make your brand experience more relevant by providing you appropriate product options and content you may be interested in based on your history with us; to improve and personalize our website; to market products to you that you may be interested in based on your location and interaction with our website; and to estimate for you the timing of shipping/delivery of products
- Third parties to whom disclosed: Service providers for services related to web and mobile development, email marketing and advertising, logistics and shipping
2.5 Professional or employment information included in materials such as resumes and cover letters
- Source of information: Directly from you, when you apply for a job at BOGNER
- Purpose for collection: To evaluate your job application
- Third parties to whom disclosed: Service providers for services related to human resources information management
- Source of information: Your browser or device when you visit our website (information is aggregated with tracking data from all website visitors)
- Purpose for collection: To improve customer experience in customizing your visits to our websites; to deliver content and advertisements tailored to your interests; to improve our business intelligence; and to compile relevant statistics regarding our website (e.g. number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed)
- Third parties to whom disclosed: Service providers for services related to our website and advertisements and our site usage
In addition to the above, we may also disclose information about you if necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations; to respond to any legal process or other lawful request for information we receive; to protect vital interests of you or another natural person; to detect, prevent, and investigate fraud, abuse or other illegal activity; to defend our legal interests where necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others or to otherwise protect our rights.
We may also share your information with a third party who is not a service provider and who is not acting on our behalf and from whom we do not receive compensation, such as our auditing firm. We may share aggregate information, such as general demographics and website usage statistics, with third parties. When general demographic information is shared, we do not share the personal information you provide on the website.
We may share your personal information with employees, agents, parent corporations, subsidiaries and affiliates of BOGNER. Finally, in the event of a transaction through which the website is sold, or BOGNER and/or a subsidiary or division of BOGNER or any assets of the foregoing are sold, your personal information may be transferred as part of such transaction.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
Our website stores information on your computer in the form of cookies or similar files for purposes of modifying this website to reflect your preferences.
Cookies are small packets of information sent by our website through your browser to your computer. Cookies allow us to recognize you as an individual, thus allowing us to personalize, customize and quickly process and complete your shopping experience without having to continually request the same basic information from you. Cookies do not give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data which you choose to share with us and are not used to store any personal information such as name, address or payment information. Cookies can be deleted or modified through your internet settings.
If you do not want your browser to accept cookies, you can turn off the cookie acceptance option in your browser's setting. You have a choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies you may be unable to fully utilize all of the website's features and information.
Cookies and other standard tracking data are used on our website to evaluate site traffic and usage patterns. Such information is aggregated with tracking data from all website visitors. Google Analytics and econda are implemented on the website, including features based on Display Advertising (e.g., Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration or Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting).
This section provides additional disclosures about our collection and use of your personal information as that term is defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
In the past twelve months, we have collected the categories of personal information listed in the “Collection, Processing, Use and Sharing of Personal Information“ section above and in that same period we have disclosed those categories of information to the categories of third parties listed there.
We do not sell (as that term is defined in the CCPA), and have not sold, personal information of California residents, including minors under 16 years of age.
Finally, California’s “Shine The Light” law provides California residents the right under certain circumstances to request a disclosure regarding the sharing of certain categories of personal information (as that term defined in the law) with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes within the meaning of that law.
BOGNER do not knowingly request, solicit, collect, use, or share any information from children under the age of thirteen (13), nor do we intend to do so. Should it come to our attention that a child under the age of thirteen (13) has submitted any personal information to us, we will promptly delete this information.
To make online shopping faster and easier, you may register for an account through our website. As a registered customer, you only have to enter your shipping address(es) and billing information once; they can be securely stored with us for your future use. Using your e-mail and a password of your choice, you may access your account online at any time to add, delete or change information and to view your order history.
In General: To learn what personal information we have about you and to update, correct, receive, or delete that information, please contact us as indicated in the "How To Contact Us" section below. For certain requests to exercise your rights, we may need to verify your identity by asking questions we expect only you have the information to answer.
California Residents: The CCPA provides you with the following rights, unless certain exceptions apply:
- To request that we inform you about the categories of information we collect or disclose about you; the categories of sources of such information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting your information; and the categories of third parties with whom we share/disclose information
- To request that we provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we have about you
- To request that we delete certain information we have about you
- To request that we provide you with information about financial incentives that we offer to you, if any, for the collection, use, or sharing of your information
- To not be discriminated against or have adverse action taken against you for making requests about your information
The CCPA also allows you to designate an authorized agent to submit certain requests on your behalf. In order for an authorized agent to be verified, you must provide the authorized agent with signed, written permission to make such requests or a power of attorney. We may also follow up with you to verify your identity before processing the authorized agent’s request.
Nevada Residents: Although we do not sell your information under any circumstances, Nevada law allows you to direct us not to sell your “covered information” (as defined under Nevada law) to any person who licenses or sells that information to additional persons, by contacting us at the designated email address provided in the "How To Contact Us" section below.
Regardless of where you reside, we will consider all requests you make regarding your information and will respond within the time period required by applicable law. Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests, such as if we need to keep the information to comply with our own legal obligations or to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims. Your rights and our responses also may vary based on your state or country of residency. Please note that you may be located in a jurisdiction where we are not obligated, or are unable, to fulfill a request. In such a case, your request may not be fulfilled.
We also reserve the right to verify your identity before responding to a request, which may include, at a minimum, depending on the sensitivity of the information you are requesting and the type of request you are making, verifying your name, email address, phone number, or other information.
If you would like further information on requests concerning your information,, or if you would like to make such a request, please contact us as indicated in the "How To Contact Us" section below.
We are committed to handling your personal information with high standards of information security. So we take appropriate physical, electronic and administrative steps to maintain the security and accuracy of personal information we collect, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers, as well as employing electronic security systems and password protections that guard against unauthorized access.
Personal information provided on the website and online credit card transactions are transmitted through a secure server using Secure Sockets Layering (SSL) encryption technology. When the letters "http" in the URL change to "https," the "s" indicates you are in a secure area employing SSL; also, your browser may give you a pop-up message that you're about to enter a secure area. Our customer service center and stores also operate over a private, secure network.
Our website may contain external links to third-party websites. We have no control over and are not responsible for, the content of, or information gathered by these other websites. Any personal information collected by such third parties is subject to their respective privacy policies and other policies, which we encourage you to read.
Similarly, social media provides tools that many of our customers use and enjoy and we include links to various social media platforms on our website. If you interact with these social media platforms through our website, your experience on those platforms will be governed by their respective privacy policies and other policies, which we encourage you to read. The privacy settings you have chosen on those platforms may or will determine the degree to which your information is made public. We encourage you to choose your privacy settings on those platforms accordingly.
Effective date: June 20, 2022